Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2003 celica gt...the check engine light went on and…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 celica gt...the check engine light went on and know it keeps boging out

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Celica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed plugs and coil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When i gradually step on the gas its okay but when i gun it it bogs out and the more i step on the gas pedal the more it sounds like drowning

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/17/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

ok
what do you want to know

Have you got a code reader or have someone that can do this for you? Auto Zone will do this for free. The reason the light is on because there is a trouble code stored in the Ecu which will give us a direction to find the issue. When you have the code send it to me and we can proceed.