Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Check engine light with VSC light on - code was oxygen

Check engine light with...

Check engine light with VSC light on - code was oxygen sensor shop said the oxygen sensor was fine as was the other air sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2009 tacoma double cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma Double Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

No - just want to find out why the lights come on if the sensors tested ok for voltage and air mixture at the shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it -thanks for your help

1/13/2018
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

Do you happen to have the actual diagnostic code numbers when the check engine light was on?

could it be P0138 and P2195

give me a few moments to check on those.

mp thanks just wanted a second opinion

The code 2195 is for the #1 air/fuel ratio sensor on the engine bank one side (passenger side) on the V6. The sensor is stuck in the lean position, this is the sensor before the cat converter, I recommend that you replace this sensor first then clear the codes and see if the P0138 code comes back, this code is for the sensor behind the converter, since the sensor in front can affect the converter performance and the operation of the rear sensor it may not be necessary to replace both.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech