Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Toyota camry with battery problems. The

battery keeps going dead and...
I have a 2000 Toyota camry with battery problems. The battery keeps going dead and wont charge up after the car is jumped started. I have changed the alternator and put a new battery in the car. After putting the new battery in it seem to be ok. But after the car sat over night the battery wend dead. The car could be jump started and run but the new battery would not stay charge. what could be wrong. Thanks Harold.
1/13/2018
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Battery drain overnight can usually be one of the following: Faulty alternator, something is staying "on" when the car is off, or a faulty battery. There are several tests we can do to isolate this. WOuld you happen to have a 12 volt DC testlight of DC voltmenter?

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Phone call session started

Thanks for choosing Just Answer!!!! Have a great day.