Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Check vsc system light on this morning. No i don't know the…

Customer Question
Check vsc system light...

Check vsc system light on this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?

No i don't know the code

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2008 toyota camry hybrid xle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing just checking to see what i should do and if there is a recall

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/12/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Step one is a scan tool to see which codes are stored so the correct diagnostics and repairs can be done. Normally a wheel speed sensor returning an incorrect signal to the ABS module is to blame. There is a TSB and a recall shown below, though unknown if they apply not knowing the codes you have.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyx5irc227gxpdi/vscrecall.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x4o1d87625pvp1/vsctsb.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician