Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmission going out on my 2004 sienna awd ltd 165k miles…

Customer Question
Transmission going out on...

Transmission going out on my 2004 sienna awd ltd 165k miles i would like to have the transmission rebuilt i talked to a trany tech it would be 4,500.00 i live by la crosse wis cant find many trany techs around here would you have a list of repair shops in my area ? and would i be better off get low mileage one out of salvage yard take my chances any suggestions

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?

No but that would be a place to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im just fixing small repairs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The transmission fluid smells burnt no gritty stuff on stick no metal shavings

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/10/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

You can access to nearby transmission shops using google and reviews.

I have done plenty of used low mileage ones off a salvage yard which is greatly cheaper than having it rebuilt.

http://www.car-part.com Offers used Transmissions in your area at a reasonable price. You must do a google search on the salvage yard you plan to purchase it from to ensure they wont give you any troubles. LKQ tends to be the better option for used, but it all depends on the area you live at. If you plan to do used, try to find a company that offers 6 months warranty. If you type your area code and transmission repair shops in google, it would give you a list of rebuilders in your area. If you are on a budget, used would be the better option, but you must find a salvage yard with great reviews. Hope this information helps you.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician