Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My rear window, rear wiper blade and rear window defroster…

Customer Question
My rear window, rear...

My rear window, rear wiper blade and rear window defroster have stopped working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

I checked all the fuses listed in the owner manual. If there are "hidden" fuses, I have not checked them. I do not know if there is power to wiper motor as I haven't opened rear door panel yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2007 Sequoia SR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This has happened in the past (years ago) and it was easily fixed by my general mechanic but I think at that time it was electrical issue.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/9/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin in the hinge area of trunk can you check in the rubber boot where loom runs for any broken wires ?

I can but I am at work right now so that will have to wait. I was hoping to find a way to determine if the issue was power going to the door other than taking off the door panel. Others have suggested that the issue is corroded electrical contacts in the EDU or window motor but that requires removing door panel, which I will do if we cannot troubleshoot issue outside doing that.
I have a rear door schematic for a 2006 Sequoia which I can use to diagnose and fix if you think it is the EDU or corroded contacts and/or motor bushings.
I am just looking for suggested avenues for troubleshooting. I can do the work myself.
http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/skyvisions/2008-02-25_151840_01_seq.pdf?r=aw|85386|0&awc=7742_1515522339_6805a01b8fe48604f76995365238a7ee
If the 2007 schematic is different, you could send me a url or pdf to work from.