Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

After attempting to modify the tmp light wiring on a 2005…

Customer Question
After attempting to modify...

After attempting to modify the tmp light wiring on a 2005 Toyota tundra (light still blinking). I accdently cut and shorted out the the large yellow power wire going to the towing module Now the engine starter will constantly turn, with the key released and radio, air conditioner will not work. have checked fuses and were good. HELP!!!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Have no tried the steering wheel and key is a 2005 key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuses and tried to check relays.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/8/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If all fuses are checked and found to be o.k. try disconnecting the battery for several minutes then reconnect it to see if this resets the electronics and works properly then at all.If this was already tried or is tried and does not work then you need to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set then those codes diagnosed and repaired.You may have damaged a control unit/ecu when this occurred to where it would possibly need to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician