Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 Land Cruiser will occasionally not start when button is…

Customer Question
2008 Land Cruiser will occasionally...
2008 Land Cruiser will occasionally not start when button is pushed. Battery in fob is new, I get the green light, dash board lights up, steering wheel moves to driving position but no starter crank, no click, nothing. Sometimes a day later it starts fine. Then a few days later it won't start again. Took it to the local Toyota dealer and they could not figure it out. Right now it's stranded at my cabin high in mountains off road and it's about to snow so is there anyway to get it to start? Thanks!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/8/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Maybe you can try starting directly at the starter relay just so you can get out of there with it. Other possibilities to attempt is go ahead and disconnect the battery touch terminals together then reconnect it back and see if it starts. As for what the real issue is, that would be rather difficult for me to answer with out my equipment near the vehicle.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician