Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2001 Toyota rav4. Just replaced the driver door lock

Customer Question
actuator. Door locks all worked...
2001 Toyota rav4. Just replaced the driver door lock actuator. Door locks all worked. Closed the door, now it will not open from inside or out. Inner door panel is off. I can reach is and actuate the door latch, but it will not release
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/8/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

did it work before the actuator was replaced? have you re attached all the links including the lock lever?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the door latch worked before I changed the lock actuator.The door lock linkage and the door latch linkages are both connected

not to be smart but have you temp hooked up the master switch and tried that to activate the actuator, it may be in lock mode.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I connected the actuator and switches. I tested the locks to make sure they worked.The actuator cycles from when I operate the switch.When we closed the door, it latched. The inner door panel is not installed so I could reach in and push down on the door latch rod, full travel, latch won't operate

then I would suggest removing the actuator you installed and try to open it then It may be installed wrong

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to open the door to get the actuator outThat is the problemActuator attached to latch. Latch attached to door. Door won't open to allow latch removal

I would have to see this in person to help you further so I will opt out so another may help you better, good luck.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician