Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No injector pulse, ecu power is good along with grounds. ecu…

Customer Question
No injector pulse, ecu...

No injector pulse, ecu power is good along with grounds. ecu is not providing grounds to the injectors.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

1989 supra turbo.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check ed the fuel pump, working, replace the MAin relay. the starter relay, read all the pins on the ecu with information with all data new cam position sensor check timing

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

I bought it this way 130,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The ecu is not setting grounds for the injectors. power is good to the injectors.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/7/2018
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

The ecu get information from the crankshaft position sensor to tell it that the engine is rotating. once the ecu see this information it sends a command to the injectors to pulse

There is no crankshaft position sensor on as 1989 supra. Only a camshaft position sensor and that was replaced. Wehst other inputs are required by the way i.e. oil pressure, fuel pressure, map positioning, air flow?

you have to excuse me, I meant cam sensor, which does tell the computer to fire the injectors. there are no others inputs requires to pulse them. you need to check the wiring to the sensor, which it looks like you did. Replace the ECU.

I replaced it as well. I think I am going to rewire directly to the way. Thank you for clarifying that there no other required inputs to fire the injectors.

sure. meanwhile, Im looking through my service manuals to see what could be going on. Have you checked for high resistance when you were doing the continuity and power checks?

the wiring on this thing is a mess. The theft computer is removed and I grounded the lead to solve that issue. Not with the car right and can't remember the exact pin number. I think I still have an issue at the circuit opening relay. Getting voltage through the starter relay but no input into the COR. Jumping a 13 volt input wire to it did not solve the problem however

it does sound like a mess. maybe look for another harness?

hows it going?

Haven't touched it for two days. I am planning to run all new wires from the GPS to the ecu tonight. If I get home early enough

ok, thanks

any progress?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician