Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

New battery in a 2008 Highlander hybrid. However car has…

Customer Question
New battery in a...

New battery in a 2008 Highlander hybrid. However car has been sitting out in sub zero temp. Aux will come on but car ignition won't. I get warning lights re: ABS system and a red warning light

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Brake system too

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its in a parking lot at a nearby supermarket. It was -7 last night here in lLbany NY and only got to +9 but like I said the battery is less than a month old

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
1/9/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a dead or weak battery causing this fault here needing to be recharged.You may have to have it towed to a repair facility or dealer to have the battery tested as well as other electronics like the ignition switch and relays and fault codes checked to help locate which component is causing this fault here.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete