Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

09 rav4 - p0453 I have changed the evap canister pump, no…

Customer Question
09 rav4 - p0453...

09 rav4 - p0453 I have changed the evap canister pump, no change.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have any warning codes popped up?

168000 - trac control

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes - have changed all sensors in the evap system. I can't find the tank pressure sensor besides the purge pump assy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/7/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 month ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

hello, this code is for the evap canister pressure sensor, it's part of the canister assembly so the entire canister should be replaced, you should also inspect dor any broken or cracked vacuum hoses and the electrical connections at the canister sensor and VSVs.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've checked all connections. They look like new. The systems holds vacuum all night. What is in the canister besides charcoal?

That's about it , there are some sensors and vacuum switching valves, the pressure sensor is part of it and that's the reason the whole canister needs to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
another $600 I'm a little frustrated

Don't blame you, by the way the trac control or vsc lights will go off once the check engine light stays off.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician