Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2008 4 runner that the sun roof got stuck open, I…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 4 runner that the sun roof got stuck open, I looked up how to close it and it eventually closed. I would like to be able to repair/ correct this problem so it does not happen again

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Toyota?

Limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and have not done anything other pushed the switch and and pulled window and it closed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I think this is a common problem- dealer wants to replace the whole thing as always- is there some way to adjust or repair this thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/6/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

This the diagram showing all the sun roof components and the remove on sun roof and headliner ]

With that said there is also a TSB(Technical service bulletin on the Moon roof cable alignment and defectors lubrication

also click on link to view the pdf file with step by step ho to repair

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat