Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My engine light is on and sometimes it blinks when I come to…

Customer Question
My engine light is...

My engine light is on and sometimes it blinks when I come to a complete stop at a stop sign or red light the car shakes and then I lose power but then gain power back

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It stays on steady but after about 20 minutes to 30 minutes it starts to Blink when I come to a complete stop after getting off the interstate

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

A 2009 Toyota Corolla

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had a mechanic look at it on me replaced to coils

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm just curious to see ew is it just the spark plugs or the coils do I need all for new coils how much does something like that cost at the dealership

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/6/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall. Ignore the popups for the phone call request as need to keep in this post in order to send files if need, You mentioned coils were done and then ask about coils. can you tell me what exactly has been done and when? thanks