Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just purchased a new 2018 Club Car Onward. They set it up…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new 2018 Club Car Onward. They set it up to run a 25 mph. I use it as my transportation and need it to go at least 30 mph. How can I get more speed out of it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2018 Club Car Onward

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing yet as I have not owned an electric car before.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/5/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

there's a few ways to get an electric cart to run faster

• Install an ALLTRAX High performance controller
  • Install properly rated battery bus fuses
  • Change to a motor rated for the application (towing or speed?)
  • Increase battery capacity or voltage (Remember that cheap = low performance)
  • Use correct or increased wire size
  • Change in tire size (depending on application)
  • Upgrade differential gear set to match motor torque and speed to the axle

to be honest 25mph is already pretty quick for a golf cart and what a lot of owners try and improve to that level

I'd begin by investigating a larger wheel / tyre combination to increase the gearing

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Mechanical Engineer