Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hood latch release wont unlock hood. Dont know dont think so…

Customer Question
Hood latch release wont...

Hood latch release wont unlock hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

Dont know dont think so AAA did it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2004 Toyota Sienna Van

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pushed down several times on hood Pulled latch release inside Van no tension on cable

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/5/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok have someone pull up and down on hood while you pull the lever repeatedly

I can rebuild engines and remove or repair most things but not wing able to see what is up there is a problem in

did that not get it?

no

ok locate the actual cable at the release lever and pull on it with a pair of pliers you may have to disassemble the lever to get to it, have someone keep an eye on the hood latch though the grill to see if the cable is moving or not

cant see cable thru grille