Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

04 toy 4 runner fried by faulty battery chg attempt. Latter…

Customer Question
04 toy 4 runner...

04 toy 4 runner fried by faulty battery chg attempt

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No, latter to day, no apparent leak

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Toyota?

Sr-5 6cy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I live on ranch so az, mech(?) coming this pm. Im no mech

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car was in excellent condition, now stuck in park, think fuses are fried and have to be checked. expensive?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/5/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Are you working on this car or are you taking it in to a shop and just need advice?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician