Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Here's my problem: I My son has a 2001 corolla; wants to…

Hey Pearl Hello and...

Hey Pearl Hello and here's my problem: I My son has a 2001 corolla; wants to replace engine. How much would that cost ball park? I aiready have a price on availability and delivery of the engine (@ $700)/ So I would appreciate a ball park on the installation if you can. Thank you TB.

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

I'm talking about installing the used engine into the chassis of the 2001 Corollas. Mileage is 147K. Burns oil to the max.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. There is a local brand name shop that is offering to do it for me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ball park figure I can pay for engine installation by them.

1/5/2018
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

-Will you be using a Dealership or a local garage to replace the engine?

-Does this vehicle have A/C?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Local "Midas" ---if I do do it.
Yes has A/C

Ok, Great! Thank-you! Please give me one moment to put some numbers together for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No.

My apologies for the phone call offer. These are force-sent by the website... not me! I'm typing my reply... sit tight one minute...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I meant no phone. sorry.

Thanks for holding!

Ok- To replace the engine assembly as a unit, with A/C, the Labor Time Guide calls for 14.8 hours. This includes the transfer of whatever electrical items or parts that may be needed. Expect to pay for a full 15 hours labor here, as most shops round up to the nearest hour to accommodate for any unforeseen problems that may arise. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for a very thorough answer.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great weekend!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -