Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Do I need to buy engine heater for my Toyota Matrix 2009…

Customer Question
Hi Do I need...

Hi Do I need to buy engine heater for my Toyota Matrix 2009 1,8?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota Matrix. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Right no that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is it severely cold where you are located or are you having issues starting the vehicle or with heat from the heater?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks, Pete.

It's very cold and hard to start engine
Do I need to buy heater or it's already there?

O.k., adding an engine heater will help the cold starts as well as help run the engine in cold weather.It would be a good idea to have an engine heater installed.I would also have the glow plug system and fuel system tested/checked for any issues to make sure the hard starting isn't a fault with a lack of fuel from a restricted fuel filter or an issue with one or more glow plugs at fault.If these are all checked and found o.k. it is a good idea to have an engine heater installed.

Look around the radiator area or front grille area at the front of the vehicle for a plug-in cord.If you do see one then it already has a heater and can be plugged in.If you do not see the cord then one is not installed and you would need to have it installed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Ok thanks

You're welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Absolutely not satisfyed with "expert" anser. I could go and check my car without any "expert" advise. Plus I didn't confirm the price 27 Can. I was agree with 5 Can only. This is disgusting service!! I gonna open a dispute..'