Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Malfunction in the endangered vsc. 171889. 2010 Toyota

Customer Question
Malfunction in the endangered...

Malfunction in the endangered vsc

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has the car been handling lately?

171889

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2010 Toyota venza

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just want to identify the problem first

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What is the problem your having? what is the vehicle doing?

Slip indication light on the dashboard

have you had the battery and charging system looked at? both of these can cause that issue

The slipping indication light on the dashboard

Malfunction in the enhanced VSC

The battery and charging system are ok

OK next we need to get the computer scanned for any codes in the system, do you have access to a scanner?

I do

ok let me know what the code are in the system

hows it coming?