Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I changed my battery and now my car wont start it sounds…

Customer Question
I changed my battery...

I changed my battery and now my car wont start it sounds like the battery is dead but the head lights are bright

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes I checked everything. I wonder about the computer?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1995 Toyota camry. another thing the first time i started the car i had to disconnect the battery to shut it off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all the fuses and wiring

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that i pulled the positive cable to connect it it is not atoyotabattery

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/4/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you may have a bad starter relay, I would locate that and swap it for a like relay and see how it does