Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Tundra has a knotchy ignition switch. Well, an odd

Customer Question
2007 Tundra has a...

2007 Tundra has a knotchy ignition switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the car been stalling out?

Well, an odd thing happened the other day, it would start and die, several times. only happened once, then it went away next time I started it. That one time though the starteer kept running for a few seconds even with the key off...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

It doesn't stall

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've lubed the lock with a key lube My wife said it's now sticking even with pulling the steering wheel

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
As a note, I'm at work right now away from the truck. This afternoon and tomorrow I can be with the vehicle.
1/5/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are you saying it is difficult to install and remove the key as well as turn it in both directions?