Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need to know why my 2005 Toyota Solara convertible keeps…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know why my 2005 Toyota Solara convertible keeps leaking every time it rains. my carpet is wet from the leakage. It coming from all sides of each window

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

I'm not sure. It's a 2005 car and it happens when it rains. Note: the windows are closed but it looks the rubber seal or weather strip are not stopping the rain from coming through the windows

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Solara yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to other some strips but they keep sending me the wrong size. I need to know if a Toyota dealership supplies what I need

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/4/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 3 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi what exactly have you tried so far?

nothing

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the problem will be one of two things

bad seals - I would suggest purchasing the exact replacement seals from a Toyota dealer, anything aftermarket will not work well

bad roof fitment - this would need to be checked professionally and any required adjustments made

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Not happy with your comment. I know it's a bad fit. I wanted to know the parts to fix it. I will be cancelling this membership.
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Different expert here. Do you still need help?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager