Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2017 toyota rav4 no power to inner fues box under dash.

Customer Question
2017 toyota rav4 no...

2017 toyota rav4 no power to inner fues box under dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes changed battery and now wont do any thang power in both boxes under hood nothing inside. local toyota said they wont touch it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Na

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/4/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

May I ask the Toyota dealer refused to work on it? This is against Toyota policies to refuse work on their products. In the event I cannot help you I would suggest contacting Toyota's customer service and state your case, I know they would love to here this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Why was the battery replaced at such a short time?

hi sorry have been busy. Toyota said they wouldn't work on it because they could not do the job didn't have the proper people i assume. and for some reason it lost its charged i thank the lights were left on all night and killed it but would not charge back up.

This sounds strange , so even though you put a new battery in it you still do not have power ? Did you check the fuse-able links? Did you replace the battery or a shop?

I'm just wondering if by accident it was either jumped or installed backwards? If either one it would blow a fuse-able link.

in your vehicle the fuses-able links will be in the main fuse block in the engine compartment driver's side. You need to check them for continuity on both sides with either a test light or much-meter. Also use a flashlight to see if there is a burnt or break in the middle. These are the high ampere fuses that usually blow to protect the larger circuits