Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Has power won't start. No corrosion at all. 2004 toyota

Customer Question
Has power won't start ...

Has power won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No corrosion at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2004 toyota matrix

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i can fix it myself if I know what it is, haven't tried anything other than inspecting battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Maybe a clue...the lights used to come on automatically when I started it...the lights do not even come on when I turn the key on now. But when I turn the lights on physically they come on fine.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

what exactly happens when you try to star?

I hear a click below the right side dash, but it won't turnover at all
what have you tried so far?
Nothing yet
I drove the car to the store. Turned it off. Came back out from the store, tried to start it and nothing.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

this sounds like it could be a simple low voltage situation, I would suggest you attempt a jump start next.
if it still will not start with a jump, then I would suspect a failed starter or electrical system failure. unfortunately in this case it isn't going to be something that can be rectified in a parking lot. hopefully a jump start is sufficient to get it started.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.