Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Went to gas station today, got in car after filling up all…

Customer Question
Went to gas station...

Went to gas station today, got in car after filling up all of a sudden my dashboard started blinking and eventually dome lights dimmed and I lost power. Car won't start, radio intermittently comes on and only door open indicators light up. strong smell of sulfur coming from rear right seat from 12v battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Hardly any power at all. dashboard will not even light up

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

2013 prius c 1

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

Roadside assistance would not recharge due to unsafe scent of sulfur. At the dealer currently. I believe its the battery but they are running diagnostics.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/3/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So that definitely sounds like a battery issues I would have them check that out and see what happened