Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2011 rav4 3.5, have leak past foreword intake valve, get a…

Customer Question
2011 rav4 3.5, have...

2011 rav4 3.5, have leak past foreword intake valve , get a code for miss cyl 1. Removed intake and valve does not appear to close all the way at TDC. Have a clicking in area of #1 cyl with stethoscope only.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Its been a while but there doesent seem to be damage,am going to put in a borescope in plug hole asp

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried yet, plan to remove valve cover and look at valve train in addition to boreascope. If I cannot identify problem will dissasseble and remove head. does that make sense?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I added a quart of lucas to see if valve releases

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/3/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin for valve not to close fully its highly likely that the guide has cracked causing valve to run out of line and stick .if you cannot see anything obvious upon inspection and with bore scope this will be the most likely cause and head removal will be needed to confirm

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Please remember to rate my service

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic