Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My mother in laws toyota avALON, she left the interior

Customer Question
My mother in laws...

My mother in laws toyota avALON, she left the interior lights and killed the battery, i replaced the battery, the thing won't start, the starter turns it just wont start i have a blinking security light

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes cant find anything related

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Avalon?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and i replaced the battery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/3/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

What the problem is you need to reset the immobilizer function so you can start the vehicle . Do you have a dealer close by or need my help to do so?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

okay, how do you reset the immobilizer function

read down this chart it will give you the procedure to disarm it.