Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I had t out the A/F fuse and forgot and tried to start truck…

Customer Question
I had t Ken...

I had t Ken out the A/F fuse and forgot and tried to start truck then put it back in and it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yez

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put the fuse back. In and tried it. Yes I am

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
1/3/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

To clarify, you had the A/F fuse out to perform some repairs and forgot to put it back in before trying to start it right?

Does it crank but not start or does it do nothing at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the A/F fuse and EFI were out I tried to start it had for got they were out. I put back in now it only turns over the 4hi and 4 low lights flash on dash

Have you tried a hard reset of the PCM? Sometimes incomplete voltage signals can throw the PCM in a loop and make it not want to run.

You might try a reboot:

With they key off and out of the vehicle and all windows rolled up pull both battery cables.

Touch the battery cables together for about 1 minute.

Hook the battery cables up like normal.

Try to start the truck.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try it now be back in 10 minutes

Sounds good.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay no luck
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No luck
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just seen windows were down should I do it again?

No, but sometimes the windows will need to be reset if you do the reboot with them down.

So at this point you need to determine if you are getting spark and fuel injector pulse.

What was being repaired when you pulled the fuses?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I found a 30 amp fuse blown and it starts

Well alright! I'm glad you got it running again. Which fuse blew? Any idea what caused it?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician