Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2016 sequoia with the 5.6. I started it this

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 sequoia with the 5.6. I started it this morning and the trac off, engine, and 4-lo flashing came on. It seems to be only driving in the lower gears and does not shift up. Is the AIP issue that was found in this engine in earlier years?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It is a 2016 and only has just over 36,000 mile on it. Brake switch at pedal?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything to it yet. I'm just looking for some cause. It was fine when I parked it, then two days later these symptoms popped up when I started it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Sorry, it was the 5.7 liter engine.
1/3/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Boxer54, Toyota Technician replied 6 months ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, Toyota Technician
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Have you had the codes checked? Most likely all the lights are on due to the check engine light. In most states, you can go to your local auto parts store such as AutoZone and have the codes read for free. With the engine codes, I can better assist you.