Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2013 Leaf radiator fan wont stop. Not overheating, Do you…

Customer Question
2013 Leaf radiator fan...

2013 Leaf radiator fan wont stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?

Not overheating, Do you mean I should remove the fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Leaf yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything, Just noticed fan always running. started yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car seems ok otherwise, I thought it was more silent.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
1/2/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, this is either a sticking cooling fan relay or faulty cooling fan control module.

In the fuse box, try tapping on the relay - see attached for location - to see if it stops. If it does, replace the relay. If not, it is the control module.

You can remove the relay to get it to stop for right now. just install before going anywhere in it so it doesnt over heat

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager