Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Malfunction/check engine indicator and traction control

Customer Question
Malfunction/check engine indicator and...

Malfunction/check engine indicator and traction control indicator lights on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on. And loss of power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2015 Tundra 65,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened. Going to call dealer Tues

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it under warrenty

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/31/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

That is out of warranty unless you got a extended plan, if it drive train related they might cover it seeing as how that was up at 60k some will stretch it a bit to get you covered

Should I wait

wait for what?

The answer

scroll up I have already responded

What about engine malfunction and traction control

for that you will have to get it scanned for codes and then with the codes I can tell you whats wrong and how to handle it, do you have access to a code reader/scanner?

no

any auto parts store will do a free code scan if you can get it up there

hows it coming?