Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have had my Prius Prime for a year and i love it. However,

Customer Question
Hi, I have had...

Hi, I have had my Prius Prime for a year and i love it. However, about a month ago it started not fully charging. it used to charge to about 32-33 miles and now just 21 or 22. it takes the same amount of time to charge

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No it is not the battery it is the electric system

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Prius?

2017. It was one year old this week

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

There is nothing to be fixed. it just doesn't charge for as many miles sos I am using more gas/running out of charge on the electric motor more quickly. i get service at the dealer. They had no clue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/31/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what was your specific question?

Trying to find out from Toyota why my Prius Prime stopped charging for up to 33 miles per full charge and now charges only to 22

this is an independent question and answer site... not Toyota... how can I help you?

I keep typing the question-why does my Prime not charge all the way to 33 miles anymore.
Are you not getting what i type?

Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you

because the battery is losing capacity over time.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle