Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

The injectors on my 22re don't get a negative pulse and so…

Customer Question
The injectors on my...

The injectors on my 22re don't get a negative pulse and so they don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

1987 toyota 4runner

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a new computer new resistor solenoid new main relay working circuit opening relay new fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

250000 it died on me 2 months ago the ignition igniter went out and I got a new one. It then got spark and started for a sec before dying and has been doing that ever since

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also replaced the distributor pick up

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
12/31/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Joshua Davenport,
 replied 1 month ago
Joshua Davenport

Hello, Im Josh

When you turn the engine over, is the distributor shaft turning?

Toyota Mechanic: Joshua Davenport,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok, Is the timing belt in good condition and turning?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all of the timing is good and turning and I've timed it
Toyota Mechanic: Joshua Davenport,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok. If you have power to the injectors and the distributor pick up is installed correctly and working, then the only two things left are the wiring and the PCM. The PCM controls the pulse of the injectors using the input from the distributor pickup.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what your telling me is you can't tell me anything I didn't know already and you haven't helped one bit
Toyota Mechanic: Joshua Davenport,
 replied 1 month ago

No. I am trying to lead you down a diagnostic path to get your vehicle running again. There are not many options on an older toyota that will cause no injector pulse. I can go into great detail of what exactly needs to checked and verified for proper operation, but this will not help the solving of your problem unless you have access to very precise and accurate lab scope. I am offering advice on a vehicle that I can not see and can not put test equipment on. I do have many years of experience as a driveability technician. With this I say good day to you and good luck.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician