Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Well im tring to get the timing belt to line up after i

Customer Question
Well im tring to...

Well im tring to get the timing belt to line up after i rotate it by hand and its not lining up at all

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

Thats what im doing. I put in a new water pump and tge truck got moved not by me but by someone else. I am tring to install a new belt. The truck has 163000 on it amd i replaced the last one myself but the teuck didmt get moved

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

I guess i need to know how to put it all to tdc

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Toyota?

Its a 2006 toyota tundra 4.7 l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ya im doing it my self. Well i put both cams on the tdc mark and had tge crank the same. Then i installed the tentioner and rolled it around by hand several times and tge never lined up not even close

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i think thats it. I know cars so let him know tgatvand i have done several things to the truck so i kmow what im doing for the most part. I just want yo make sure i get this right. I know if i dont i will be buying a new engine and i d ont want that

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
12/30/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Amedee, Toyota Technician replied 1 month ago
Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Would a diagram of the timing marks help?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i would like to speak on the phone i have the doagram of the timing marks already. I just dont know why when i put it all on the marks then roll it over by hand to make sure they come back to the marks it doesnt amd its like 6 or 7 teeth off
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can try is fine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Type i ment

So when you install the timing belt, do you put the tension on the belt before rotating the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there

YES, did you see my reply above?

If you would like, I can send a phone call offer over for as little as $5 bucks.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician