Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Well im tring to get the timing belt to line up after i

Customer Question
Well im tring to...

Well im tring to get the timing belt to line up after i rotate it by hand and its not lining up at all

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

Thats what im doing. I put in a new water pump and tge truck got moved not by me but by someone else. I am tring to install a new belt. The truck has 163000 on it amd i replaced the last one myself but the teuck didmt get moved

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

I guess i need to know how to put it all to tdc

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Toyota?

Its a 2006 toyota tundra 4.7 l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ya im doing it my self. Well i put both cams on the tdc mark and had tge crank the same. Then i installed the tentioner and rolled it around by hand several times and tge never lined up not even close

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i think thats it. I know cars so let him know tgatvand i have done several things to the truck so i kmow what im doing for the most part. I just want yo make sure i get this right. I know if i dont i will be buying a new engine and i d ont want that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/30/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Amedee, Toyota Technician replied 3 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Would a diagram of the timing marks help?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

i would like to speak on the phone i have the doagram of the timing marks already. I just dont know why when i put it all on the marks then roll it over by hand to make sure they come back to the marks it doesnt amd its like 6 or 7 teeth off
I can try is fine
Type i ment

So when you install the timing belt, do you put the tension on the belt before rotating the engine?

Are you still there

YES, did you see my reply above?

If you would like, I can send a phone call offer over for as little as $5 bucks.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician