Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a problem with my Toyota Corolla 99 I checked already…

Customer Question
Hello good afternoon my...

Hello good afternoon my name is ***** ***** a problem with my Toyota Corolla 99 I checked already all the fuses all the lights or the relates and my parking lights is still on where can be the issue can you help me please I appreciate it thank you or you can contact me(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes I did that I look in every single fuse panel I take the fuses one by one take a look at them and it still my parking lights are still on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I can tell you everything that I tried I take the lights out I take all the fuses out I'll take the dash Port down so I can found the relates behind the fuse box n put everything one by one slowly but the light is still on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I know this situation it's pretty hard for a lot of mechanics and what the tester AR test everything and everything works fine I change the handle all of the lights thinking that was the issue but it's not so I'm trying many different things

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/30/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello thanks for posting

I have seen this problem a couple of times in the past, it is usually a bad ground in the headlight/ parking light circuit. There is a white connector under the dash at the left side with a few black/white wires going into it, this connector has an end cap on it which completes the ground circuit for some of the lights, remove the end cap for inspection, you may find that some of the connections inside are burned out and some of the wires may look burned. This connector may be taped to another wire harness, remove the tape and open the connector up by removing the cap. Basically this is a ground bus connection, however you want to go about this is up to you but each one of those wires has to be grounded to the body, an ohm meter would definitely help to verify good ground. In the past I have cut the burned or overheated wires and spliced them together and made sure each one is grounded that usually solves the problem. If it has daytime running lights this also may cause the DRL relay to burn out. Check all connections at the inside fuse box for any wires that look like they got hot and repair any that may be burned, good luck, that's about all I have on this. If you have trouble finding the connector let me know.