Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

DID A FRONT AND REAR LEVEL KIT NOW WE GET C1408 CODE ...ALL…

Customer Question
DID A FRONT AND...

DID A FRONT AND REAR LEVEL KIT NOW WE GET C1408 CODE ...ALL LIGHTS ARE ON ON THE DASH INC. THE 4X4 AND TRACTION CONTROL AND ABS ..THE WORKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

We scanned it and it says rear wheel speed open circuit

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2017 toyota 4 runner

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have checked the sensor wires ...unplugged and plugged it back in checked again....still no go

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
12/29/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

When you say you checked the censors and wiring to them what do you mean? did you just do a visual or a continuity check?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician