Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Thanks for being online for a frustrated Camry pwner. I have…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, thanks for...

Hi Pearl, thanks for being online for a frustrated Camry pwner.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I have a 2011 Camry Hybrid with smart key. All electrical systems are OK, green light on power button when I step on the brake, stop lights are on when stepping on the pedal. BUT NO READY light. So the car's engine does not start.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I step on the brake pedal and the start/power button, the green light is on. But the engine still does not start.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last night, this error message showed first time on my car: S/T is not unlocked. But now, that message is no longer shown.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When that error message showed last night, the engine didn't start.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The two photos I added are actually the same.
Answered in 2 days by:
12/31/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here may be due to low voltage from the battery or that a fault is detected with one of the computers disabling the starting system.What should be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.I would also have the batteries tested to see if one is found to be faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician