Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Its not turing over after I changed the spark plugs and

Customer Question
Its not turing over...

Its not turing over after I changed the spark plugs and valve cover gasket

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

251k just changed them today

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

03 toyota camry le

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havw looked at all the fuses but nothing is blown. The fuel pump wont cycle, radio doesnt turn on, starter doesnt work either

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The alternator connection sparked by accident when I was putting the wire harness together

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
12/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: EricFromCT, Toyota Technician replied 1 month ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

If your alternator sparked then you likely do have a blown fuse. Did you check all the fuses inside or under the hood?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked all the fuses for the alternator, main fuse, etc.
At this point I'm sure what fuse would have blown or if its a main relay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So in this case we need to check the fuses with a test light or multimeter, something is blown somewhere and sometimes the main fuses arnt visible to the naked eye when they blow

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont have a multimeter to check the fuses. Im limited on tools and the car was working before and now nothing will turn on except the rear passenger exterior light, and dash (some of them) like check engine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It wont let me get out of park and put it into netural.. So I'm stuck with this car in my garage

maybe you could buy one ? were going to have to do a lot of electrical checks to fix this problem

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fuel pump doesnt turn over when key is in ignition, the key wont go to the start position (locked out) one ignition coil isnt seating correctly (i had to force it onto the spark plug) and the starter, alternator, and battery are fine

again maybe you could buy one? I dont know how else to trouble shoot electrical problems without the tools

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fuel pump is priming! I hear a clicking noise from the battery area

I think wanting me to tell you to replace something but there is a lot of issues here and we need to do some electrical tests

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well i cant do electrical testing

im sorry to hear that, looks like you may need to take it in

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks for the help
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Do you wish for me to try and help you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ive actually fixed it thank you though

N/P good luck and Happy New Year.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician