Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Warning display says “P lock malfunction when parking, park…

Customer Question
Warning display says “P...

Warning display says “P lock malfunction when parking, park in Flat place and apply parking brake securely

Mechanic's Assistant: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?

Flat place and apply parking brake securely

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

And it’s a 2010 Prius I just came outside and tried to start it and that warning light came up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I thought I would check fuses but the hood release latch wouldn’t work that’s all I’ve done

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anything happening?
12/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 month ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

H​ello, thanks for posting

This can happen because of a discharged 12 volt battery in the trunk, try to jump start with a jumper pack or another car, if it starts the battery will most likely be replaced.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech