Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I just changed the mass air flow sensor. i had it running…

Customer Question
i just changed the mass...
i just changed the mass air flow sensor. i had it running and hit the gas and it died and now the battery is completly dead
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It started out running really hard and exhaust was really loud and all of a sudden it died and didn't want to stay running and that was before changing the mass air flow sensor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
89 toyota
12/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

ok if battery died while it was running, recharge battery ,start it and check the Alternator if charging 14 volts , then check battery itself for hold 12 volts, check battery cables for loosr or corroded ?

we have to start here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has a new battery and alternator demand I habe tracked the fuel system and everything it still won't do anything

can you check if the battery holding the 12 volts when turn the ignition switch to start and you measuring with a voltmeter ,is holding 12 or dropping to 10 and below

check the cables from battery to fuse box to starter

do we have 12 volts at starter one big red cable from battery and at teh small wire at solenoid

is the panel inside the truck lighting up at all ?

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do have a power probe for testing ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is gonna fix it himself it's been in his family for generations and it won't start or turn over at all

ok no problem i will try to help ,can you do these checks and let me know ,we need a starting point

ok ,just reply back when ready

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat