Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Car starts and idles fine when I shut it off and go to turn…

Customer Question
Car starts and idles...

Car starts and idles fine when I shut it off and go to turn it back on I have no lights batteries charged at 14.50 batteries brand new starter work fine I'm thinking of relay 1998 Toyota Corolla 1.8

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

98000 something

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes batteries brand new it started just fine when we jump the battery we let the car idle for about 10 minutes we turned it off went to go start it car is dead no interior lights and nothing brand new battery like I said battery is charging alternator is good I did a test on the alternator I'm a pretty darn good mechanic like to think so but I'm stuck on this one I'm thinking of relay is bad on this is starter relay I don't know where it's at on the left kick panel which I have off of the car right now and I don't know how to test it if you're thinking that's what I'm thinking if not give me your opinion please

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

starter relay is under the hood

are you there?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician