Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 toyota highlander, aftermarket sunroof, is stuck in the…

Customer Question
2005 toyota highlander, aftermarket...

2005 toyota highlander, aftermarket sunroof, is stuck in the position of the rear of the roof is in the up position. Roof will not open or close, motor activates. When the ignition key is turned to the on position the roof tries to cycle through with no success

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

This has nothing to do with the running of the car. All I want to do is get the glass closed and pull the circuit fuse out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself, I am an experience mechanic but do not know the specifics of this moonroof

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/27/2017
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Depending on exactly what is wrong you may or may not be able to close the sunroof without repairing it. You have a mechanical failure of some sort, which will most likely require removal of the headliner to diangose at the least, possibly the sunroof assembly also.

Do you know what brand and model it is?