Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I today activated the "Snow" switch on my 2010 Toyota

Customer Question
I today activated the...

I today activated the "Snow" switch on my 2010 Toyota Highlander and drove about 45 miles to my destination without incident. During the drive at times there was snow on the road and at times (about 20 miles) there was no snow. After I arrived at my destination, the car was not running for about three hours. When I left, the car's check engine light and Traction Control lights activated and remained on for the entire drive, about 50 miles. What is the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Both lights stayed on without blinking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

No to the first question and nothing yet with respect to the second.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be the alternator is going?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/25/2017
Toyota Mechanic: john, The Car Guy replied 7 months ago
john
john, The Car Guy

do you have access to a scan tool?