Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2017 Toyota Corolla LE Tried to start the car and it will…

Customer Question
2017 Toyota Corolla LE...

2017 Toyota Corolla LE Tried to start the car and it will crank but not start. Sometimes the alarm goes off. Had the battery replaced two weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Third of a tank of gas. Spark plugs should be good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried it once then came back to try again, still wouldnt start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

2012 Corolla

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, I attached a relearn procedure for you to try first just in case the security system is causing this. If this does not work, then

The problem can be a loss of spark or fuel. You can check
for spark at the plugs with a spark tester. Check
compression too for a possible valve timing issue with a
compression gauge. You can check fuel pressure with a
gauge and all of these tools should be available to you at
your local parts store for rent or purchase. You need to
check for any stored codes in the computer with a
code reader or a scan tool. The code reader only gives the
codes and definitions, where the scan tool gives you all
the needed data to diagnose the codes.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.