Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I replaced license plate lights on back (both). They had…

Customer Question
I replaced license plate...

I replaced license plate lights on back (both). They had been unplugged. Now I have to use the bottom on console to unlock automatic shifter. You got any ideas if this is related. I just bought this truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The two lights in bumper , one each side of license plate.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2008 Tacoma SR 5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it in and had a complete service done and that is when we discovered both of these lights out. We had to dig old bulbs out and blew a fuse under.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
12/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, not sure I follow. can you reword? also, do ALL lights work to include brake lights, reverse lights etc?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician