Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How to set vac regulator

Customer Question
How to set vac regulator
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
Been working to resolve this problem for a month or so , fixed , tested so many things , broke down at least 12 times , frustrating .
Did find info on how to test ign con mod , doing that now , did find one in town 250$ !!! Yikes
That vac regulator not sure what if maladjusted would affect?
12/23/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

What is the year, model and engine size of your Toyota?

Do you mean the fuel pressure regulator?

Ok , so back to original problem , new ignitor in , new coolant temp sensor , battery full charge , started right up , took a few seconds for cold start injector to bring up idle , 2000 rpm smooth run , then some misses , engine light came on for a second , throttle tap , as rpm comes down more misses and same eng light 2 seconds , smoothed out , warmed up , idle dropped to 1100 , little rough w 1/2 second misses , idle drop to 900 erratic, sputtered out , started back up , norm for 10 sec or so , died , nostart now , fuel pump comes on and stays on w key on when I manually trigger circuit opening relay , still no start
When eng light comes on for a moment when running , does an error code get stored for retrieving?
Further info for you , new fuel filter ( 7000 mi ago) . New distributor , wires , plugs .
The only thing I've noticed that black plastic hex knob I was asking about does is fuel tank pressure when removing gas cap , knob turned in increases tank pressure , unused fuel return from injection sys. ?
Please help , this is all making me nuts & its 18 degrees out ��
Sorry forgot info for you : 93 Toyota previa le 2tzfe eng 2.4 l.*****, man trans
Going to try sending a video of start/ run

HI,

It may store a code, so you need to check for stored fault codes - see attached pdf file on how to do so

The data link connector referred to in directions is located in the engine compartment area under the drivers seat.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager