Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Prius parked but can't turn engine off and key stuck.

Customer Question
Prius parked but can't...

Prius parked but can't turn engine off and key stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering wheel fine. Key fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Prius?

Hubs car. Think 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to reverse and repark in space at Publix multiple times. Usual.sequence of press Park button, apply parking brake, then press power button. Power would t shut off and key stuck.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician
Hi my name is***** reviewing your question abs will reply shortly.
When ever this happens the override is to hold the power button till it completely shuts off.
The same button that you use to start the car and shut it off. "Push to start"
The reason for this is because there is a malfunction in the multi display. Contact your local dealer for a replacement.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please leave me a good rating as My compensation depends on it.