Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The moon/sun roof will not open. I press the button and hear…

Customer Question
Second opinion] the moon/sun roof...
Second opinion] the moon/sun roof will not open. I press the button and hear some noise but it does not open. HELP thxJA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?Customer: Its a 2004 toyota land cruieserJA: Are you fixing your Land Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: I have done nothing yetJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: The problem also is that the water drain tubes are clogged so i have water up there.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/23/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** in reviewing your question. I will reply shortly.
Unfortunately, if you hear a noise and the sunroof will not open. That usually means that the sunroof cable is either bound or broken. It takes extensive work and know how to get it back open.
If you are satisfied with the answer leave me a good rating as my compensation depends on it.
If not, let me know how to further assist you.
Toyota Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?