Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I Am looking for the 15 pin connection for the parking

Customer Question
I Am looking for...

I Am looking for the 15 pin connection for the parking lights I am hooking up a auto start I was told it was to the left of the column but i cant find it all i see is the plug that goes into the switch itself but thats not 15 pin and i cant get a hot test with lights on this is a 1998 toyota rav 4

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

Yes the fuse panel is to the left also one under hood

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Toyota?

Not 15 1998 rav 4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Did you read my Question ? i am not fixing anything i am installing looking for a 15 pin connection for park lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
12/23/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

The only 15 pin connection for lights is on the fuse junction box under left side of dash to left of steering column. It is not an open connector. What light do you need to tie into?

Do you need wire diagram for exterior lights for your vehicle?

I need to hook into the parking (+)
Was told it was green
Let me look up the colors and diagram. Give me a few minutes.

Here is wire diagram and to tie into the park light relay green wire that goes from running light relay and the pin F2 on fuse box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82zike48b2pj7a0/1998%20rav4%20ext%20lights.pdf?dl=0

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

The relay for running lights is in the relay box in left kick panel. Let me know if you have any more questions??

Toyota Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago

If you have no other questions for me then please enter a 5 star rating so I get credit for assisting you and can then close out question for you. Thanks and Happy Holidays.